Tropicana is currently looking for a dynamic, results oriented leader to be our next Executive Director. Our ideal candidate will be a skilled and innovative leader who excels in building positive partnerships and relationships both within the organization and the community; and who can lead Tropicana forward in the next exciting stage of our development.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will provide strategic, creative, and dynamic leadership to our Management team. The Executive Director carries overall organizational responsibility for all Finance, Fundraising, Human Resource, Programming, Communication and administrative functioning, as well as:
• Cultivation and development of a strong, collaborative Management Team dedicated to excellence in service delivery
• Development of high quality programs and services relevant to the needs of the individuals we serve
• Development and implementation of fund-raising strategies to secure additional funding as required
• Preparation and management of all organizational budgets
• Creation and oversight of adequate risk management systems and internal controls
• Regularly communicates and works collaboratively with the Board of Directors, and any relevant Board Committees
• Builds and maintains effective relationships with external agencies, funders and stakeholders.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent education and managerial experience in a relevant field (Graduate degree is considered an asset)
• Demonstrated experience in progressively senior management positions
• Demonstrated experience leading and inspiring a rapidly growing staff team
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with highly effective presentation and public speaking skills
• Ability to establish and build relationships with key stakeholders
• Ability to inspire staff to optimize their level of performance and productivity in a team-oriented environment
• Demonstrated financial management skills
• A comprehensive understanding of homeless and marginalized individuals, and a solid understanding of the issues faced by Tropicana and the community it serves
Tropicana offers competitive compensation and career development opportunities.
Qualified applicants should email their resume to: Board@tropicanacommunity.org
Successful completion of a criminal reference check is required.
No phone calls please only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Tropicana is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Tropicana will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Tropicana strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Tropicana will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.