Primary Function: netWORKS is a coordinated approach to career-oriented networking and mentoring opportunities for youth aged 18 and 29. Mentees receive training, participate in-group networking sessions and have the chance to connect with employers for individual networking or mentoring opportunities. netWORKS also works with employers to engage mentors who can offer guidance to youth who require it.
– Oversee the delivery of the netWORKS Program, ensuring that intake and screening targets are met and that a high quality of service is provided to all youth participants
– Recruit 200 youth to participate in the various components of the program over the course of one year using various print and electronic marketing tools
– Coordinate and deliver 9 – 12 group orientation sessions for various youth employment programs. Each session will include 10-15 youth interested in participating in the program.
– Support youth participants in creating profiles on the netWORKS hub via Ten Thousand Coffees and conducting employer outreach
– Promote the importance of networking and mentorship and ensure the youth participation in the Employer Networking Events offered by United Way and assist them develop mentor relationship through Ten thousand Coffee Website Platform
– Develop and facilitate various employment focused workshops for youth registered in the program
– Accompany youth to introductory networking session at employer sites and provide support as needed
– Collect and input required participant data in adherence to agency privacy and confidentiality policies. Support participants in completing surveys and post-program evaluations.
– Attend and participate in monthly meetings with UWTYR program staff to share program updates and feedback
– Provide regular check-ins with each youth participant and provide additional support as needed. Ensure participant files are properly stored
– Assist in the ongoing development and effective implementation of program related policies and procedures that ensure we follow program guidelines, efficiently utilize resources and maximize participant satisfaction
– Oversee timely and accurate submission of all statistical and program information to be used in internal and external netWORKS reports
– Maintain positive and clear communication with other team members to facilitate team work, successful target management and customer service satisfaction
– Make presentations on behalf of the agency to service providers
– Contribute to agency’s outreach effort; maintain useful relationships with community partners
– Conduct clients survey as per funder’s requirement
– Provide and request feedback and updates about client activities and status as per funder’s requirement
– Maintain accurate documentation and provide statistical information as required
– Record weekly activity and submit reports to Program Coordinator
– Assist other teams as required
– Adhere to the policies and procedures of Tropicana Community Services
– Represent the organization in a professional manner at all times
– University degree and/or college diploma and related work experience in counselling and/or education
– Recent experience with program administration 9 and skilled in working with databases to enter, maintain, track and record client data
– Recent experience working with youth in an employment centre and mentorship programming
– Recent experience supporting youth in achieving their employment goals and coaching disadvantaged youth who face multiple barriers to employment is an asset
– Ability to achieve program goals/targets including planning ahead for contingencies and identifying solutions to problems to ensure best results
– Respectful of and responsive to individuals and communities facing social, economic and cultural barriers in society
– Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, search engines, online communication methods)
– Persuasive verbal and written communication, and professional presentation skills
– Skilled in developing and presenting audience-geared employment related life skills and career advancement curriculum coupled with strong group facilitation skills
– Knowledge and understanding of labour market trends, coaching and mentoring approaches to support job seekers that are distant from the labour market
– Ability to travel in and around GTA by transit
– Able to work evenings and weekends
– Second language an asset
– Excellent written communication skills
– Self-directed and results-oriented
– Team player
– Ability to work in a multicultural/multiracial environment
– Location Tropicana Community Services
– Environment Office and on the road
– Mobility Travel required
– Hours Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Extended Hours Occasionally
– Dress Code Business casual
Service Recipient: Youth 18-29
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Closing: September 21, 2018
We thank all candidates for the interest shown, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Criminal reference check is required.
Tropicana Community Services offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment processes. If contacted, please advise if you require accommodation.