Career Navigator™- Retail Pathway PEAK BASICS
The Retail Pathway PEAK BASICS Program provides the skills training and support to prepare and equip participants with the necessary skills training for work in the retail industry. This is a new program for unemployed youth aged 17-29 who face multiple barriers to employment and training.
• 17-29 years old at time of registration and a resident of Ontario
• Minimum grade 12 or equivalency and Grade 10 English or CLB 6
• Eligible to work in Canada
• Unemployed or underemployed (up to 20 hours of work a week)
• Not currently participating in another training/educational program
• Committed to pursuing a career in the retail industry
• OW/ODSP recipients are welcomed
Participants will receive:
• 4 weeks pre-employment training to promote job readiness
• Counselling, mentorship, and wrap around support that participants will need to be successful in the program and in their careers
• Essential skills training and job shadowing
• 12-weeks of secure paid placement
• Participants will earn a Certificate of completion
Support provided includes:
• Assessments of participants’ needs throughout the program
• Literacy training, writing and communication skills and academic upgrading as needed
• Development of communication and teamwork skills
• Community support by means of financial aid, housing, childcare and counselling to facilitate successful completion of the program
For more information contact Karen Soltau at 416.439.9009 ext 261 or KSoltau@tropicanacommunity.org.
Check out TropicanaEmployment.ca for more employment programs and information.