Pre-apprenticeship Program – Autobody and Collision Damage Repairer
Tropicana Employment Centre offers a Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program for youth to prepare for a career in Autobody and Collision Damage Repair.
In order to be eligible for the Pre-apprenticeship Training Program, you need to:
- Have an OSSD (Grade 12 diploma) or equivalent
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada (with SIN card)
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License
There is no cost to participate in the program.
Training participants receive the following training:
- An introduction to the basics of the autobody trade.
- 6 weeks of pre-employment training, including interview preparation, resume writing, WHMIS training, employment counselling and job coaching.
- Level 1 Autobody and Collision Damage Repairer course offered at Centennial College.
- Toolkit and course materials.
In addition, Employer Connections and Work Placement Program participants also receive:
- A 12-week paid work placement with an employer.
- Connections with employers who will provide industry information and answer your questions.
- Tours and site visits at local autobody repair shops.
The Pre-apprenticeship Training is a 30-week full-time program.
For more information contact Suad Dualeh at 416-491-7000 ext. 209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out TropicanaEmployment.ca for more employment programs and information.