Tropicana LYVE (Leading Youth to Valuable Employment) is a work experience program designed to assist unemployed youth with overcoming barriers to employment. The program assists participants with realistic career goal setting, effective job search techniques, resume and interview preparation.
Goals of the Program:
• To assist unemployed youth find meaningful employment and to facilitate successful integration into the labour market
• Provide a work placement that will improve skills and gain valuable work related experience
• Provide opportunities to develop meaningful lifestyle and positive social interaction among peers
To be eligible, you must be:
• Between 15 to 30 years of age (inclusive)
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• Not be in receipt of E.I.
• Not attending school
• Facing multiple barriers to employment
Clients must be referred to program by employment counselors or youth works.
• Send Tropicana LYVE referral form, Agency form(s) and resume to Administrative Assistant via fax 416-439-2414 or email SSeelochan@tropicanacommunity.org
• We will contact employment counselor or youth worker regarding participant’s eligibility and program outcome
For more information contact Tropicana at 416-439-9009 or SSeelochan@tropicanacommunity.org.
“I’ve learned and improved quite a lot of my interpersonal skills as well as technical.” – Betty – Participant
Check out TropicanaEmployment.ca for more employment programs and information.