Youth Job Connection-Summer Stream
Youth Job Connection Summer is open to all eligible youth aged 15 to 18, with a focus on those who are experiencing challenging life situations and are at risk of experiencing poor transitions between education and work. The program provides summer job opportunities and part-time job placements during the school year to help high school students make positive educational and career choices.
Participants will receive:
• Paid pre-employment training/workshops to learn employment readiness skills
• Career development resources to increase their knowledge of employment and career options
• Job matching, placements and incentives
• Education and work transitions support to help plan for the future
Program Participants Must:
• Complete a minimum of 20 hours (maximum 30 hours) of pre-employment training before proceeding to the job placement
• Complete mandatory training on Employment Standards and Occupational Health and Safety
• Must be between 15 and 18 years of age
• Must be returning to school in September 2018
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
• Must be a resident of Ontario
For more information contact Tropicana Employment Centre at 416-491-7000.