Camp Tropicana – On site
An on-site summer day camp for ages 4 to 6.
Camp Tropicana is a 6-week on-site program that provides children ages 4 to 6 with an educational summer experience that is creative, physically stimulating, and full of fun! The program is designed not only to help keep children active in the summer months but to encourage and promote personal growth.
Camp Tropicana activities will include:
- Themed weeks including Spirit Week, Going Green, Time Travel, Summer Scientists, Around the World, and Imagination, Creation & Adventures.
- Arts & crafts, math challenges, games, and sports activities.
- Activities are designed specifically for the needs of children ages 4 to 6.
- Camp hours: Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., drop-off time 8:45 a.m.-9:00 a.m. & pick-up time 3:45 p.m.-4:00 p.m. (July 5 to August 13).
- There are only 7 spots for this program.
- Subsidized spots are available.
- Held at Tropicana Community Services head office (1385 Huntingwood Drive, Scarborough).
- This program has a fee of $50/week per child, or a reduced rate per child of $200 for 6 weeks.
- Children are to bring their own lunches, snacks, and drinks.
- Camp Tropicana will be adhering and adapting to any changes in COVID-19 health and safety regulations as dictated by the provincial government.
- Provide a supportive and safe environment for children.
- Design a socially, mentally, and physically engaging agenda.
- Encourage and act as an example of positive life skills and behaviours.
- Promote self-care practices that focus on an overall healthy body and mind.
- Integrate activities that celebrate Black heritage and community.
- Bring children together to explore and participate in fun and engaging educational and recreational activities.
The first 15 children to be registered to our virtual or on-site camps by June 25, will receive a Tropicana swag bag.
For more information about this program please contact the Program Coordinator at 437 916 9148 ext. 1260 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgFunders: