Camp Tropicana – Virtual
A virtual summer program for ages 4 to 13.
Camp Tropicana is a 6-week virtual program that provides children ages 4 to 13 with a summer experience that is educational, creative, and full of fun! The virtual program is designed to not only help keep children active in the summer months but to encourage and promote personal growth.
Camp Tropicana activities will include:
- Themed weeks including Spirit Week, Going Green, Time Travel, Summer Scientists, Around the World, and Imagination, Creation & Adventures.
- Arts & crafts, math challenges, games, and sports activities.
- Children are placed into groups by age: 4 to 6, 7 to 8, and 10 to 13, and activities are designed specifically for their age group needs, in a virtual environment.
- Camp runs every Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (July 5—August 13)
- Subsidized spots are available.
- The camp will be held via Zoom.
- This program has a fee of $50/week per child, or a reduced rate per child of $200 for 6 weeks.
- Parental supervision is required.
- A material list will be supplied upon registration. Parents are responsible for supplying all materials.
- The tentative daily agenda will be:
- Morning (1st activity): 9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- Break/Sign off: 10:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Morning (2nd activity): 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Lunch/Sign off: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Afternoon (1st activity): 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Break/Sign off: 2:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Afternoon (2nd activity): 2:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Provide a supportive and safe environment for children to socialize and learn.
- Create a socially, mentally, and physically engaging agenda.
- Encourage positive life skills and behaviours.
- Promote self-care practices that focus on an overall healthy mind and body.
- Integrate activities that celebrate Black heritage and community.
- Bring children together to explore and participate in fun and engaging educational and recreational activities in a virtual space.
- Provide children a way to interact with their peers during the pandemic restrictions.
The first 15 children to be registered to our virtual or on-site camps by June 25, will receive a Tropicana swag bag.
For more information about this program please contact the Program Coordinator at 437 916 9148 ext. 1260 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgFunders: