Tropicana Community Services, a Toronto-based multi-service organization, provides all youth, newcomers, people of Black and Caribbean heritage and others in need with opportunities and alternatives that lead to success and positive life choices. Our mission is achieved through culturally appropriate programs such as counselling, childcare, educational, and employment services and youth development.
Business Development & Donor Relations Manager is an experienced fundraiser with a proven track record in growing the prospect pipeline toward the successful achievement of new gifts. This position requires strong sales skills, writing skills, organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The Business Development Officer will also be responsible for the achievement of budget targets in both revenue and department expense categories.
Tropicana Community Services offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Department: Marketing and Communications
Location: Scarborough, ON
Start Date: ASAP
Regular Hours: 35 hours per week
Areas of Responsibilities
- Develop relationships with prospective clients, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Plan and implement comprehensive internal and external programs that increase revenue and growth
- Lead corporate sponsorship opportunities for events to strengthen corporate giving for the organization
- Prepare and execute business development strategies that expand our reach beyond local markets, and that target national accounts. Lead strategic account process activities for key national accounts
- Oversee the Annual Giving campaigns and funds in collaboration with the Executive Director and Director of Community Engagement
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Implement strategies to form strong relationships with donors and keep them informed on how their financial contribution is being utilized
- Effectively motivate donors to provide financial support
Skills and Qualifications
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Options for company-matched pension programs
- Career growth and development opportunities
- A chance to play an active role in giving back to your community
- Health and dental benefits
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Fundraising, Business, Public Relations, or a related field
- Exceptional written, verbal, phone, and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and processes
- 3 + years of business development or sales experience with a track record of success in achieving all sales goals/quotas/objectives
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook) and iPad applications and Adobe products
- Strong work ethics, goal-driven and self-motivated
How to Apply
Internal candidates are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter to, https://tropicana.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=77, no later than 5:00 pm, September 16, 2022.
External candidates are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter to, https://tropicana.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=77, no later than 5:00 pm, September 30, 2022.
Although we appreciate each application, only those candidates being considered for the position will be contacted.
Tropicana Community Services commits to promoting inclusion, diversity, equity, and access (IDEA) through its information and support, advocacy, programming, internal policies, and governance structures. Tropicana Community Services will aim to ensure that our staff reflect the experience, skills, and diversity of the communities we serve and create an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, beginning with the recruitment process. If you have restrictions that need to be accommodated to fully participate in any phase of the recruitment process, please contact Human resources. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
COVID-19 Vaccinations: A requirement of employment at Tropicana Community Services is to be and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As such, successful candidates must provide satisfactory proof to the Tropicana Community Services that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Tropicana will consider, on a case-by-case basis, requests for medical or other exemptions from this requirement based on protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation. Where an exemption is granted, an employee may be required to undergo testing for COVID-19 and demonstrate a negative result at regular intervals.