Position Type: Full-time, Contract until March 31, 2021
Location: Scarborough, ON
Regular Hours: 9:00 AM — 5:00 PM 5 days/week
Extended Hours: Evenings/weekends as required for facilitation of programs
Affiliation: Unionized position
netWORKS is a coordinated approach to career-oriented networking and mentoring opportunities for youth aged 18 and 29. Mentees receive training, participate in-group networking sessions and have the chance to connect with employers for individual networking or mentoring opportunities. netWORKS also work with employers to engage mentors who can offer guidance to youth who require it.
Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee the delivery of the netWORKS Program, ensuring that intake and screening targets are met and that a high quality of service is provided to all youth participants
- Recruit 200 youth to participate in the various components of the program over the course of one year using various print and electronic marketing tools
- Develop and facilitate various employment focused workshops for youth registered in the program
- Support participants in completing surveys and post-program evaluations
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings with United Way program staff to share program updates and feedback
- Assist in the ongoing development and effective implementation of program related policies and procedures that ensure we follow program guidelines, efficiently utilize resources and maximize participant satisfaction
- Oversee timely and accurate submission of all statistical and program information to be used in internal and external netWORKS reports
- Maintain positive and clear communication with other team members to facilitate team work, successful target management and customer service satisfaction
- Contribute to agency’s outreach effort; maintain useful relationships with community partners
- Maintain accurate documentation and provide statistical information as required
- Record weekly activity and submit reports to Program Coordinator
Skills & Qualifications
- University degree and/or college diploma and related work experience in counselling and/or education
- Ability to achieve program goals/targets including planning ahead for contingencies and identifying solutions to problems to ensure best results
- Respectful of and responsive to individuals and communities facing social, economic and cultural barriers in society
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, search engines, online communication methods)
- Skilled in developing and presenting audience-geared employment related life skills and career advancement curriculum coupled with strong group facilitation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of labour market trends, coaching and mentoring approaches to support job seekers that are distant from the labour market
Tropicana Community Services is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department, at the time of your application, of any requirement for accommodation in order for us to assess all employees in a fair and equitable manner.
Internal Candidates are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, no later than 5:00 pm, December 23, 2020 to, email@example.com.
External Candidates are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, no later than 5:00 pm, January 8, 2021 to, firstname.lastname@example.org.