Defy Your Label is a free, 8-week program that offers youth aged 8 to 13 guidance in their personal growth. The program is designed with the end goal of participants achieving the skills that will aid them in leading happier and more positive lives.
Defy Your Label includes activities that will assist youth with:
- Defying negative labels, stereotypes, and expectations that they may feel have been placed on them.
- Developing healthy self-esteem and self-respect.
- Identifying and redirecting disruptive behaviour to promote positive communication.
- Develop tools to help them lead happier more successful lives.
- This is a free program.
- The program is currently virtual program ran via Zoom.
- Sessions are every Wednesday from 5 to 6:30 p.m. (April to June)
- The sessions are organized in 3 parts: starting and ending with self-development focused activities, broken up by a games and more social activity.
- Provide youth a supportive, confidential, and safe environment.
- Enhance participants’ self-esteem, increase participants’ distress tolerance, build healthy communication and prosocial skills, build resiliency, foster conflict resolution skills, and to teach cultural education.
- Develop a positive body image, self-worth, decision-making skills.
- Participants will also be taught various coping skills and techniques and supplied online support resources to assist them.
For more information or to register for this program please contact the Youth Development Programs Coordinator, at 416.913.9319.