Kinross Gold Corporation is a Canadian-based senior gold mining company founded in 1993 and headquartered in Toronto with approximately 9000 employees. Kinross currently operates eight active gold mines located in Brazil, Ghana, Mauritania, Russia and the United States. Kinross Gold Corporation is excited to be partnering with Tropicana Community Services on the following two (2) scholarships.
The Kinross Gold Corporation Scholarship is open to:
- Residents of the Greater Toronto Area
- Individuals who are currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program at any Canadian university. The program must be related to science, technology, engineering, math, or business.
- Persons of an African or Caribbean heritage
$2,500 x 2
Two scholarships will be given in the amount of $2,500 each. Winners will be eligible to interview for a summer student internship at Kinross Gold Corporation the following calendar year.
A complete application package must contain the following information, including contact information of applicant:
- Signed Application & Verification Declaration form
- 500‐800 word essay which includes
- The applicant’s commitment to one of Kinross’ four core values. See Kinross’ About Us page for more details.
- School transcripts
- Proof of any of your relevant achievements such as certificates, photos, news clippings, a confirmation letter from a credible source, etc.
- 2 letters of reference from non‐relatives
- Proof of enrollment from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Any other documents you feel will help support this application.
Submission Instructions and Deadline:
Applications must be received by Tropicana Community Services no later than Monday May 31, 2021 at 4:00 pm ET.
Download and complete the Application & Verification Declaration form below. Once you have completed this form gather your supporting documentation listed both above and on the downloaded form, then submit by email or post (full details are noted below) by the deadline.
BY EMAIL: Submit this completed Application & Verification Declaration form and all of the required supporting documentation listed to the right under Requirements Checklist by email to registration@tropicanacommunity. org – please use the subject line Kinross Gold Corporation Scholarship.
BY MAIL: Submit this completed Application & Verification Declaration form and all of the required supporting documentation listed to the right under Requirements Checklist by regular postal service to:
Kinross Gold Corporation Scholarship
Topicana Community Services Organization
1385 Huntingwood Drive
Scarborough ON M1S 3J1