Life Skills & Self Development
Defy Your Label
A free self-development program for ages 8 to 13
Defy Your Label is a free, 8-week program that offers youth aged 8 to 13 guidance in their personal growth. The program is designed with the end goal of participants achieving the skills that will aid them in leading more positive and successful lives.
Defy Your Label includes activities that will assist youth with:
- Defying negative labels, stereotypes, and expectations that they may feel have been placed on them.
- Developing healthy self-esteem and self-respect.
- Identifying and redirecting disruptive behaviour to promote positive communication.
- Develop tools to help them lead happier more successful lives.
- This is a free program.
- A supportive, confidential, and safe environment for youth.
- Content is designed specifically to aid youth ages 8-13.
- The program is available as Zoom or inperson sessions.
- Zoom sessions run every Wednesday from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. In-person sessions run every Wednesday from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. The program runs January to March, April to May, October to December. Participants can register at any time.
- Sessions are organized into 3 parts:
- Each session starts with selfdevelopment- focused activities such as skill- and team-building exercises, and open discussions.
- We break up the self-development discussions with games and socializing activities, to help keep things from getting too overwhelming.
- The session ends with closing out the day’s topics and discussions from part one.
- Enhance self-esteem, increase distress tolerance, build healthy communication and relationship/social skills, build resiliency, foster conflict resolution skills, and offer cultural education.
- Develop positive self-image, self-worth, and decision-making skills.
- Participants will also be taught various coping skills and techniques and be supplied with online support resources to assist them.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 437 913 9319.Funders: