Pre-apprenticeship Program – Autobody and Collision Damage Repairer
Tropicana Employment Centre offers a Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program for youth to prepare for a career in Autobody and Collision Damage Repair.
Registration for the 2019 program is now open!
The deadline to register is March 28, 2019 and class starts April 8, 2019. Download the application form here.
In order to be eligible for the Pre-apprenticeship Training Program, you need to:
• Have an OSSD (Grade 12 diploma) or equivalent
• Be between 18 and 30 years of age
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada (with SIN card)
• Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License
There is no cost to participate in the program.
Training participants receive the following training:
• An introduction to the basics of the autobody trade.
• 6 weeks of pre-employment training, including interview preparation, resume writing, WHMIS training, employment counselling and job coaching.
• Level 1 Autobody and Collision Damage Repairer course offered at Centennial College.
• Toolkit and course materials.
In addition, Employer Connections and Work Placement Program participants also receive:
• A 12-week paid work placement with an employer.
• Connections with employers who will provide industry information and answer your questions.
• Tours and site visits at local autobody repair shops.
The Pre-apprenticeship Training is a 30-week full-time program.
For more information contact Suad Dualeh at 416.491.7000 ext. 209 or SDualeh@tropicanaemployment.ca.
Check out TropicanaEmployment.ca for more employment programs and information.