Online Coding Workshop
Educational workshops for grades 4-8
This term-based coding workshop introduces students to the world of computer programming and is designed to foster creativity and imagination. During the weekly workshops students will explore various computer programming languages.
This coding workshop allows students to:
- Be innovative, creative and to explore the world of computing programming and its many applications.
- Use code to build a program from start to finish.
- Explore the requirements and skills of a computer programmer.
- Three 10-week terms (2021-2022), every Wednesday from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Scratch Level 1—Beginner: October 20 to December 22, 2021
- Python Level 1—Beginner: January 12 to March 30, 2022
- Scratch Level 2—Intermediate: April 6 to June 22, 2022
- Open to students in grades 4-8
- There will be no workshops on Family Day, March Break, Easter Monday, and Victoria Day.
- $60 per term or $150 for all three terms
- A representative from TAST Academy will facilitate the workshops.
- Spaces are limited.
- Workshops will be run via Zoom.
- Workshop materials will be provided to students for each term.
- A certificate of completion will be awarded at the end of each term.
- Provide students with the support, resources, and tools needed to develop their interest and abilities in the study of coding.
- Build self-confidence, self-respect, and enthusiasm for education.
- Help students build strong studying and learning techniques.
- Encourage students to develop strong collaborative and team-building skills.