Dr. Gervan Fearon Graduate Studies Scholarship
The Dr. Gervan Fearon Scholarship was launched in 2017 for students pursuing a post-graduate studies degree. Dr. Fearon is an advocate for post-secondary education, and in particular graduate studies, because of the need for research and action plans aimed at addressing opportunities and challenges that currently face our communities. He believes that through education and research, opportunities can be created and nurtured for the betterment of individuals, communities and society.
The Dr. Gervan Fearon Graduate Studies Scholarship is open to:
- Residents of the Greater Toronto Area
- Individuals who have acceptance for or are enrolled in a post-secondary institution for a postgraduate program
- Persons of African or Caribbean heritage
Family members of Tropicana Community Services employees are eligible for the Dr. Gervan Fearon Scholarship award.
A complete application package must contain the following information, including contact information of applicant:
- Signed Application & Verification Declaration form
- A 500-800 word essay wich includes:
- A brief biography
- Explanation of how the proposed research activity and results will benefit themselves, their family and the community, including suggestions as to how you might be able to share your research results with Tropicana Community Services and its members (e.g., sharing a final paper or abstract or making a presentation at Tropicana or at the community level)
- School transcripts
- Proof of any of your relevant achievements such as certificates, photos, news clippings, a confirmation letter from a credible source, etc.
- 2 letters of reference from non-relatives
- A letter of acceptance or a proof of enrollment from a recognized college or university
- Any other documents you feel will help support this application