Online S.T.E.M. Workshop
Educational workshop for grades 4-8
This term-based program focuses on S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering, and math) related project work. It is designed to allow students the opportunity to tackle real-world, inquiry and problem-based activities as well as build experience working as a member of a team.
S.T.E.M. activities allow students to:
- Be innovative, creative, and to explore new models and theories in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Design and build an invention.
- Explore the requirements and skills of an inventor.
- Learn about the innovations, achievements, and contributions made in S.T.E.M. by BIPOC inventors.
- Three 10-week terms (2021-2022), every Monday from 4 to 5 p.m.
- October 18 to December 20, 2021
- January 10 to March 28, 2022
- April 4 to June 20, 2022
- Open to students in grades 4-8.
- There will be no workshops on Family Day, March Break, Easter Monday, and Victoria Day.
- $80 per term or $200 for all three terms.
- A representative from TAST Academy will facilitate the workshops.
- Spaces are limited.
- Workshops will be run via Zoom.
- Workshop materials will be provided to students for each term.
- A certificate of completion will be awarded at the end of each term.
- Provide students with the support, resources, and tools needed to develop their interest and abilities in the study of S.T.E.M.
- Build self-confidence, self-respect, and enthusiasm for education.
- Help students build strong studying and learning techniques.
- Encourage students to develop strong collaborative and team-building skills.
- Educate students on the members of the BIPOC community that have contributed to the field of STEM.