The Robert K. Brown Scholarship was launched on May 6, 2020 as part of Tropcana’s anniversary celebrations. Throughout its history, Tropicana has been a catalyst for human and social development. The scholarship supports those who have made a commitment to the betterment of the community at large.
The Robert K. Brown Scholarship is open to residents of the Greater Toronto Area who are between the ages of 16 and 29 and of African or Caribbean heritage.
Family members of Tropicana Community Services employees are not eligible for the Robert K. Brown Scholarship award.
A complete application package must contain the following information, including contact information of applicant:
- A 500-800 word essay wich includes”
- A brief biography
- Explanation of the applicant’s inclination towards the social services field
- Signed declaration allowing committee to verify information provided
- School transcripts
- Verification of outstanding achievements
- 2 letter of acceptance or proof of current attendance from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Any other documents which may support this application
Submission Instructions and Deadline:
Applications are accepted from January 1 – April 24, at 4:00 pm each year using the online application below or mailing your application to:
Dr. Gervan Fearon Graduate Studies Scholarship
Tropicana Community Services
Attention: Scholarship Committee
1385 Huntingwood Drive
Scarborough, ON M1S 3J1